Five knives and a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

I am not a fan of turning synthetics, would much rather turn wood. However, when my daughter-in-law and her mother saw the Hobby Knife (PSI) I made for my wife, they wanted one. All the ones I'd made before were wood, but Crystal and Carol are bakers and they will probably get flour, fondant, butter cream, or who knows what else on them so synthetic it was.

#1-3 go to Crystal and Carol. Yes the tube shows on #3. I didn't have any paint for the blank so after gluing the tube in, I ordered an assortment of pinks from Ed at Exotic Blanks, and 2 days later, I had the blank for #2. Thanks Ed. I went ahead and turned #3 just because it was glued. #4 and 5 are min - one for the shop and one for the office. The pen on the right is the Footprints in the Sand kit from PSI. If you haven't turned one, I suggest you look at it, it's very well made, has a good feel in the hand, and is popular with anyone who knows the poem.

Steve

Attachments

• Hobby Knives.jpg
    Hobby Knives.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 136

BULLWINKLE

There are some things, like a razor and shaving brush etc that will get wet when used. If you prefer wood, why not use stabilized wood for instances where it will be in contact with water ? I think they would hold up to the water without damage.
By the way, great job on those turnings. All look excellent.

MTViper

There are some things, like a razor and shaving brush etc that will get wet when used. If you prefer wood, why not use stabilized wood for instances where it will be in contact with water ? I think they would hold up to the water without damage.
By the way, great job on those turnings. All look excellent.
I considered stabilized wood, but when I asked the ladies what they wanted - they wanted color and flash. So synthetic it was.

Thanks, Steve

Top Bottom