Fishy Falcon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hi fellas,made this one by accident.Was going for a skinny 8 point star,realized I was going to run out of room on one side.I had to reverse directions and remove half a pass with the white.Turns out a fish appeared for the design.I used black,red/wht/blu twist,white,red thread colors.
DSCF4112.jpg
DSCF4114.jpg
DSCF4116.jpg

I strayed off the beaten path and used clear cast7000 instead of the tried and true.The resin is real soft,squeeze it between my fingers soft.I inatially thought it to be a loss.So I tried cutting most of it off.Grinder sharp skew wasen't sharp enough,had to hone it to cut.Build it up a little with CA and I was able to pull a personal pen out of it.
DSCF4143.jpg
DSCF4147.jpg
DSCF4146.jpg
DSCF4148.jpg

Sucesses and setbacks,the trials of trying new things.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looks like a success to me ! . Nice going !!!!!

Is there a tutorial in the library on how to do the thread wrapping ?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thank you Dale!!!

I am glad you (and several others) are working on thread-wrapping... If I get any more distracted from my 42+ various projects I will simply explode and be done.

Your basic pattern looks good (yes, some tweaking will be done), but you are well along the way. I also like the pattern. :)

I hope you continue to explore this. (Many of my personal pens are my near-misses. I actually appreciate seeing what I need to tweak-they keep me thinking).

Have FUN!

Top Bottom