Fishing Rod Racks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from byounghusband

byounghusband

So,
I was getting VERY tired :frown: of having ot move all of my fishing rods around as I was re-organizing the garage/shop..
I decided ot get them out of the way.
A friend owns a Window-Shade manufacturing business in Dallas and their stock is Rahador (sp) Pine from South America that is laminated and finger-jointed into 2-1/4" x 7/8" boards.
He gave me a bunch of scrap and I biscuit jointed two pieces together to make 1 4-1/2" board. I drilled the holes 1-3/4" and cut the slots on my scroll saw.
My fishing buddy neighbors saw them and just had to have some too...

I decided to make them better than the first set, so I glued, planed, jointed and actually took measurements this time. No free-handing...:rolleyes: I used 1-1/4" R.O. bit to soften all the edges too.
They were a big hit and I made two sets for one neighbor and one set fo the other.
They are 26" long with 6 holes @ 4" on center. They will hold up to 12 rods in the holes and you can add two more on the ends with Eye-Hooks....

Attachments

• P9180009.JPG
    P9180009.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 273
  • P9180010.JPG
    P9180010.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Great Idea, I could so use a long one. I have 6 rods hanging above the door of my shop and another 4 laying on a work bench begging to get broken. Might have a new weekend project. I have lots of ceiling space!!!

byounghusband

Dude,
I feel your pain.... The movers broke the tip off of my 9' Penn Californian jig stick I used for Sea Bass off the Caliofrnia Coast. I haven't used it in 12 years now and I still need to get a new tip. Now I know I won't damage anymore. Post up your pics!!

I just broke one the other day - a nice Fenwick! :frown: At least it wasn't a St. Croix!

Time to make a rack!

Top Bottom