First Two Piece Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from naynay

naynay

*I realize O/U shotguns are not standard Marine issued but the fabric is from my volunteer sewing time during the pandemic.

This is my first two piece pen. It is a gift to a guy who gives me shooting lessons and opens up the trap field on my days off when he's not out fishing. I wanted to say thank you for the lessons and encouragement while I was recovering from surgery last year. This is the first two piece pen that I completed and although I can pick it apart, it is still a decent pen. The wood is Turkish Walnut and the grain is beautiful. There is the obligatory Gatsby under the shotgun pen as well in the same wood. It's the PSI over/under shotgun pen kit. I'm not impressed with the kit as it looks cheap even though it's not a cheap kit but I learn from every pen I turn.

Attachments

• IMG_7926.jpg
    IMG_7926.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7927.jpg
    IMG_7927.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7929.jpg
    IMG_7929.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 113
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

naynay

Great pens. The Walnut is gorgeous and is so fitting for anything shooting related. I think walnut is still the favored wood for all gun stocks. - Dave
I noticed a majority of nice stocks were walnut. I know guys who are so picky about the wood on their guns.
Thank you. Learned alot from this forum and youtube.

derekdd

Gorgeous blank. That Turkish Walnut is really something.

I have a buddy who was a national champ trap and skeet shooter.

Very cool idea. I'm sure he'll be delighted.

naynay

Gorgeous blank. That Turkish Walnut is really something.

I have a buddy who was a national champ trap and skeet shooter.

Very cool idea. I'm sure he'll be delighted.
Nice. I'll be giving it to him tomorrow morning. I spent more money on shells and rounds of trap than I've won! ha ha It's so hot out here, I just wanted to give him the pen. I don't care if we sit and drink water tomorrow morning.

bugradx2

Ahh, turkish walnut, perhaps the only thing with more swirl and denser than their coffee. The pens look great

Where did you get the shotgun kit?

sorcerertd

Turkish walnut is a great choice. It is a very popular gun stock wood and definitely made a nice pen.

For what it's worth, I do like the over/under kits, but probably won't make a lot of them. Etsy thought they looked so much like real ammo, that they deactivated my listings of them, saying they went against their terms and conditions. I really should appeal that, but it goes to show that it must not look too cheap.

naynay

Turkish walnut is a great choice. It is a very popular gun stock wood and definitely made a nice pen.

For what it's worth, I do like the over/under kits, but probably won't make a lot of them. Etsy thought they looked so much like real ammo, that they deactivated my listings of them, saying they went against their terms and conditions. I really should appeal that, but it goes to show that it must not look too cheap.
Etsy is so annoying sometimes.

Top Bottom