First turn without a mandrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

Thanks to actually having a real lathe now I decided that I could finally throw out my ancient pizza cutter that is pretty ratty. This nice new one is made with olivewood.

There was a bit of anxiety as I parted a piece off for the first time but it worked without issue.

PC1-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice profile. I have turned many ice cream scoops, bottle stoppers and cheese knives. Coated with Butcher Block Oil is a great start, with instructions to wash by hand, dry promptly and no dishwasher cycle.

Very nice profile. I have turned many ice cream scoops, bottle stoppers and cheese knives. Coated with Butcher Block Oil is a great start, with instructions to wash by hand, dry promptly and no dishwasher cycle.
That is exactly what I did with mine. Mineral oil and then board butter. The handle is threaded so the cutting head is easily removed and diswasher safe

Very nice Michael!!!

I make my own "board butter", I melt 100% beeswax and mix with mineral oil. I have a quart jar I made about 10 years ago and it's still about 3/4 full, it doesn't take much. I sand and re-apply to my cutting board about once a year or whenever the board looks dry.

Very nice Michael!!!

I make my own "board butter", I melt 100% beeswax and mix with mineral oil. I have a quart jar I made about 10 years ago and it's still about 3/4 full, it doesn't take much. I sand and re-apply to my cutting board about once a year or whenever the board looks dry.
That sounds fantastic. As sad as this may be, I just made my first cutting board about three days ago so I picked up something that I heard good reviews on. If I ever make enough boards where I go through the tin of board butter that I have I will definitely consider making my own.

Back
Top Bottom