First try at a snow man

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fay Prozora

Fay Prozora

I made this snow man just to see if I could do it. It turned out pretty good tho I think I should have narrowed the wood at an angle and then I would have had the middle and the head right, but all 3 came to about the same size and it doesn't look right, but it was still fun... Fay

Attachments

• Snow man (640x480).jpg
    Snow man (640x480).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

You achieved your initial vision, studied it, and figured out what you'd like to change next time. Seems like a very successful first snowman!

Nick

First try

Fay, that is what it is all about,having fun doing what you like. As far as your snow man,I think. It is top notch. Keep up the good work. Keep the pieces that you do and compare them a year from now to check on your progress.
Very well done.

Woodkiller

Don't change a thing. My 3 year old saw it and immediately said snowman. She loved it so you did it right. :)

I liked it too, keep up the good work. :biggrin:

Fay Prozora

I left it in my sister's room. I want to take it back down stairs and drill two small holes in the middle body and put in twigs for the arms and I have a hot fix crystal wand that I can put the little eyes and buttons on it with and oh yes a little bit of felt for a scarf...I should find some thing to make a pipe out for frosty to smoke.. LOL! I have another piece of wood on the lathe but my captive ring tool will get here today so I will practice with that tool on that piece of wood. Thanks for the nice comments on the little snowman... Fay

Akula

Looks good. I make dozens every year around Christmas and give them away. People love them, I use Mesquite and call them Texas Snowmen LOL

Fun quick and easy project that brings a smile to people's faces.

Gave me an idea...

Now I know what to make one of my daughter-in-law's for Christmas.
She's a snowman collector-displayer.

I'm going to use some Aspen and try to turn a mini snow man as the top barrel of a new pen for her.

If anyone else has done this, I'd love to see a photo.

Charlie

Top Bottom