First time with polyclay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tripletmom

I just joined within the past couple of months - basically for my husband and son to have a resource for pen turning. I didn't know this pen turning was a contagious illness!! I don't feel comfortable with wood so I tried polyclay. Here are my first 2 tries. Appreciate any feedback. Especially constructive!! C13287F9-2413-4336-A6AF-A9BDCA540B7F.jpegBC446487-1D81-4F9B-AEA1-13B31C6BBEAC.jpeg379B1956-806D-4FC5-9B7A-214AA3740C82.jpegA6CE63C6-A31D-40D5-92A3-E4E73D925E90.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Gorgeous pens !! . Thanks for showing !!

I hope you keep on making and showing your poly clay pens. . I don't make them myself, altho' I have bought some blanks made by others.
They are enjoyable to work with, and as finished pens, they sure do get favorable attention !

As a finish, did you use CA (cyanoacrylate, or crazy glue) ?

Tripletmom

I hope you keep on making and showing your poly clay pens. . I don't make them myself, altho' I have bought some blanks made by others.
They are enjoyable to work with, and as finished pens, they sure do get favorable attention !

I

Funny that you ask. I used Aussie Oil because that is what I saw in my husbands workshop. But when I just looked at the label on the bottle it said it was for wood. I obviously need to learn to read 🤓

magpens

@Tripletmom

Thank you for replying. . I will just add that Aussie Oil is special to me, so I appreciate knowing that it worked well for you ... in this "specialized application" !!

Rounder

Very nice work.
But don't be afraid of wood. Much cheaper to mess up than polyclay. Get some regular 2x4's and practice on them.

Tripletmom

Yes - I did the application of the clay/pattern but purchased several of the clay canes. Toni hooked me up with some of her supplies so I could try it out.

ecrouse

Wait, there are instructions for this stuff? Why wasn't I told??

Those look really good, would never know it was your first time!

Tripletmom

I just made a very small green leaf and the black/white circles. Not big canes- but I can really appreciate the artistry that goes into making canes and what a talent people have who make them. No two are ever the same!

Top Bottom