First Successful Kitless Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

(First "successful," because I have a box full of caps, barrels, sections, and other "less-than-successful" parts.) This one has an olive & black ebonite body and cap. Trim and section are plain black ebonite. I finished it with a Bock #5 and Beaufort reservoir and a silver pen clip from my box of miscellany.

Thanks to a bunch of you - too many to name - who responded to questions, gave advice, and were encouraging. Now...back to the shop. Number Two starts today!

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

No, brother. I won't be knocking out nearly that many a day, but I can currently imagine one in a day...instead of three weeks for one.

Phil Dart - I can't thank you enough for the email responses, the patience, the extra feed cartridges for testing, and the kind words. I am going to be a loyal customer of Beaufort for a long, long time. The guy who runs the place is a decent man.

Bucket List: I was offered a job in Scotland thirty-five years ago to be a teacher in a small school. I erred on the side of staying home near family here on the other side. Good decision. No regrets. But when I come to the Isles for the first time, I will go find the man who had time.

Thanks to all for the kind words about a pen. More important - thanks to all for the kind words of encouragement to someone who is trying to learn something new.

Keep the faith. Make pens. Write love letters with them. Let history sort out the good guys from the bad.

Last edited:

Topsy

Very well said!
+1 for Beaufort from me too, I too got a few extra feeds and they came in very handy!

I really like your pen, shape and colour remind me a lot of classics! :)

Gregory Hardy

Very well said!
+1 for Beaufort from me too, I too got a few extra feeds and they came in very handy!

I really like your pen, shape and colour remind me a lot of classics! :)

Thank you for saying those particular words. I don't want to invent something new. I want to get really good at doing something the "hay-day of pens" manufacturers were doing a century ago with some tasteful embellishments that I can mange with local fellow craftsmen and materials. Thanks so much for that remark. You changed the course of my day.

Top Bottom