First stabilized buckeye burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MPVic

MPVic

First off, I know I MUST get a proper pen stand to photograph my work - not thrilled with the pics.
This pen took forever to complete the CA finish. Not certain why but despite several coats of thin CA & about 3 coats of medium, the following day, small voids appeared - it took multiple coats over 4 or 5 days to fill the voids. Any comments on your experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_2123.JPGIMG_2124.JPGIMG_2126.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@MPVic

You need to do some sanding after every two or three coats of thin CA, and after every coat of medium CA. If you don't sand, the irregularties (bumps and voids) will get exaggerated by subsequent coats.

And after each sanding, clean off the dust completely.

Your pen, shown above, looks pretty good and it would seem that you have been successful even though it took a long time to get there !! :)

MPVic

@MPVic

You need to do some sanding after every two or three coats of thin CA, and after every coat of medium CA. If you don't sand, the irregularties (bumps and voids) will get exaggerated by subsequent coats.

And after each sanding, clean off the dust completely.

Your pen, shown above, looks pretty good and it would seem that you have been successful even though it took a long time to get there !! :)
Thanks for the tips & kind words.

Top Bottom