First sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

I've been making pens for about a year and a half and, believe it or not, had never made a Sierra style pen. I guess it was time. Not sure the first 2 count, a ProX from EB in Cocobolo, and a Gatsby click in Mora.
The more classic Sierra is an EB Zodiac in curly Katalox. I was really thrown off by the cap fitting into the tube loosely. I seriously thought there was something wrong with it. Sure glad I didn't epoxy it in or something. I do have a couple more glued up, but I'll spare you those pics unless there's something I find extra nice or want to find out what the heck I did wrong. LOL.
0cf6e3f8e19e2a0de42d27cb109e6b63.jpg
2bab127cb2385798820a7fabeba2bc8e.jpg
523e6d2ba92fe1d1ff8025cd9c295157.jpg
6aab00d0015689cac79d66bc59990d3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

No doubt about it .... the "Sierra" styling is CLASSIC !!!

Three beaut pens !!!

Lucky2

All three pens look great, but why would it take you so long to make one of the easiest pens that there is to make? I'm not a big fan of the twist type pens, but I sure do like the looks of that click pen you've got there. Does most or all Mora look like the piece you used, if so, I'll have to look into buying a few blanks of it.

Len

sorcerertd

All three pens look great, but why would it take you so long to make one of the easiest pens that there is to make? I'm not a big fan of the twist type pens, but I sure do like the looks of that click pen you've got there. Does most or all Mora look like the piece you used, if so, I'll have to look into buying a few blanks of it.

Len
Haha, I have no idea why. I never knew they were that easy. I bought the PSI 7mm starter set first and never realized they weren't the easy ones until I joined up with you guys. I'm one to generally just jump in the deep end anyway.

As for Mora, I haven't worked with it a lot yet. It is gorgeous, though. I'd have to call Granadillo my favorite so far due to it's chatoyance, with Cocobolo and Chechen pretty close behind.

I'm fortunate to live fairly close to West Penn Hardwoods, so I can just walk into their huge warehouse pick out whatever looks nice to me. There are thousands of pen blanks, maybe tens of. There's 4 rows like this picture just in the various turning stock. It is so hard to hold back.
9713edc2a878b89c45061357aaf3168c.jpg

mick

Haha, I have no idea why. I never knew they were that easy. I bought the PSI 7mm starter set first and never realized they weren't the easy ones until I joined up with you guys. I'm one to generally just jump in the deep end anyway.

As for Mora, I haven't worked with it a lot yet. It is gorgeous, though. I'd have to call Granadillo my favorite so far due to it's chatoyance, with Cocobolo and Chechen pretty close behind.

I'm fortunate to live fairly close to West Penn Hardwoods, so I can just walk into their huge warehouse pick out whatever looks nice to me. There are thousands of pen blanks, maybe tens of. There's 4 rows like this picture just in the various turning stock. It is so hard to hold back.
9713edc2a878b89c45061357aaf3168c.jpg

4 aisles? I think I'm in love!
Beautiful pens BTW. I'm really liking the ornate one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom