First sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I have never done shows to try and sell pens, I mostly gave them away or turned one when asked.
After selling T. Shadow & Co to Jason Rose I started a new venture. Train Supply Co. We sell tools and supplies to model railroaders.
During a train show today I set out a stand with 8 pens on it 3 laser engraved with a steam loco, 3 with a diesel loco and two not engraved, I sold 1 pen.
My first ever show sale.
I think I will keep the pens on the table and maybe add a few other items.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smokey S

Good deal sounds like a good plan. I just recently sold my first pen also. About a month afterwards and low & behold the buyer was visiting in town and came by to buy two more. He is bringing me some mesquite from their home that was severely damaged by Hurricane Harvey to make several more. I would think your pens for the RR modelers will definitely pick up speed going forward! .....cC

cl1237

Congrats! If you aren't aware of them, Woodturningz sells a train themed rollerball, might be a good seller for you at the train shows

Attachments

• 20708766-D6A8-4D83-830B-483F193291F2.jpeg
    20708766-D6A8-4D83-830B-483F193291F2.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 55

Joebobber

Congratulations! My first ever sale at a show was a yo-yo I made with 2 different colors of Corian. I wish I had a picture of it. The guy was super excited to get it, and sat there doing tricks with it the rest of the afternoon.
Its such a great feeling when something you put so much time, effort, and thought into making finds its way to someone who really appreciates it.

Valleyboy

Well done. There's nothing quite like the feeling of selling something you made yourself. For somebody you don't know to see the value in and appreciate what you do. And, no matter how many you sell, the feeling never really goes away. 👍👍

Top Bottom