First Rhino blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rob H

Rob H

I was really worried about this blank since I saw lots of posts about how hard the material is so I followed Zac Higgins method of gluing them. I didn't have any issues (other than my tube showing) and am looking forward to turning the rest of the Rhino blanks i purchased.
Crooked Mill Nexus kit

20230819_150513.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Cool Pen. I really like the Rhino blanks. Of course I would rather turn Alumilite, but there are a lot of good things that come along with Rhino's toughness/hardness, one of them being the typical price. - Dave

sorcerertd

Rhino definitely polishes up nicely, obviously. I think it holds a shine much better than alumilite, but certainly doesn't turn as easily. It does stink (to me anyway) and chips quite easily, but the price is always right, so patience pays off. A little paint and you'll be all set with this stuff.

Rob H

Rhino definitely polishes up nicely, obviously. I think it holds a shine much better than alumilite, but certainly doesn't turn as easily. It does stink (to me anyway) and chips quite easily, but the price is always right, so patience pays off. A little paint and you'll be all set with this stuff.

Rob H

I just changed my polishing supplies too and am very happy with them. I had originally bought some micro mesh polishing pads but since I'm new I bought the wrong grits, so now I have the recommended pen finishing grits. Also I was using Dr. Kirk's Micro Magic Polishing Wax, that i bought for finishing rings. I still use the scratch free from him but switched to Flitz polish since I saw it mentioned as being the same as One-Step plastic polish and I am happy with my results. Still a noob though.

Top Bottom