First razor handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

I saw this kit and thought I would mess around with it, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Simple, but elegant. Hempwood with gunmetal.

Mach31-2.jpg

Mach31-4.jpg

and I tried to do a little staging with this shot.

Mach31-5.jpg

KMCloonan

Very nice! Nice "staging" as well to put your customer in the scene where the razor is used.

I am liking what I have seen lately from the Hempwood creations on IAP. I ordered a couple natural Hempwood blanks which will be here this weekend. Can't wait to try them out.

Painfullyslow

Very nice! Nice "staging" as well to put your customer in the scene where the razor is used.

I am liking what I have seen lately from the Hempwood creations on IAP. I ordered a couple natural Hempwood blanks which will be here this weekend. Can't wait to try them out.

Just be aware that it can be difficult to turn, especially if it is not stabilized. It has a strong tendency to come apart, something similar to black palm. Sharp tools and light pressure is the key.

KMCloonan

Just be aware that it can be difficult to turn, especially if it is not stabilized. It has a strong tendency to come apart, something similar to black palm. Sharp tools and light pressure is the key.
Thanks for the info. I just received a couple blocks of Hempwood - It looks like it would blow apart during turning. It also smells kind of "earthy". Looks a lot like OSB. I plan to dry it, then dye & stabilize.

Top Bottom