First Pine Cone Cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

I have a tree that sheds very small pine cones - so I put a few in the toaster and after they were good and dry cast them in green alumilite- here is the first pen!

Attachments

• RB260-0916 3.jpg
    RB260-0916 3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 323
  • RB260-0916 4.jpg
    RB260-0916 4.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adirondak5

Kieth , I am going to get into casting and am researching as much as I can . I really like that green you came up with , would you go into some detail on your procedure for getting that color ? Thanks.

keithbyrd

Kieth , I am going to get into casting and am researching as much as I can . I really like that green you came up with , would you go into some detail on your procedure for getting that color ? Thanks.

No problem - I used alumilite white - and put 6 drops of green dye in 5 oz of alumilite. It wasn't enough to fill the mold so I quickly mixed 2 more oz and put 2 drops of green dye and pour it in - result is two tone green!

adirondak5

No problem - I used alumilite white - and put 6 drops of green dye in 5 oz of alumilite. It wasn't enough to fill the mold so I quickly mixed 2 more oz and put 2 drops of green dye and pour it in - result is two tone green!

Thank you Keith , the two tone green is very nice , I'll heve to try this sometime down the road .

Top Bottom