First pen squared with my new jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Blank turned out perfectly square, no gaps whatsoever. I made this blank a few weeks ago. I used more subtle colors on this one and I really like it. The Gisi style blanks I usually see have more contrasting colors, as do most of mine as well. This one is just hickory and chechen and green vaneer. The pen is a Sierra super button click.
IMG_1764.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That's great Ken. 👏👏 It's true that simply substituting a veneer, or a slightly different dimension/thickness of a segment will give a very different visual appearance. I do like this one, and apparently your jig is excellent "as advertised"...

I have been trouble-shooting a new design, so I appreciate what you are doing to refine your designs - very nice.

Be well and stay healthy. 😷

Lucky2

Ken, it is a beautiful pen, you did a fantastic job of putting everything together, to end up with such a beauty. There is one thing that I would have done different, I would have used a darker green veneer. But that is just a preference thing, and your preferences are different than mine as is everyone else's. 👍 👍
Len

KenB259

Pen turned out very nice. Tight, square joints where finished blank meets hardware.

Your pen stand looks nice too, one of the best I've ever seen. Any chance of getting the pattern for it?
I'll work on getting it for you, or anyone else that wants it. Right now I'm at work.

KenB259

Pen turned out very nice. Tight, square joints where finished blank meets hardware.

Your pen stand looks nice too, one of the best I've ever seen. Any chance of getting the pattern for it?

Charles, unfortunately, my only pattern is the wooden template that I made. The stand I make is based on a pen stand from a free pattern offered by Steve Good. I'm attaching a picture of his pattern that I started with as well as a couple of pictures of mine. I think you will easily see how I modified it to my liking. The vase I make is just a 2 x 4 inch rectangle with chamfered edges
IMG_0209.jpg
View attachment 238842ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile appView attachment 238844

Attachments

• IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1768.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 170
Charles, unfortunately, my only pattern is the wooden template that I made. The stand I make is based on a pen stand from a free pattern offered by Steve Good. I'm attaching a picture of his pattern that I started with as well as a couple of pictures of mine. I think you will easily see how I modified it to my liking. The vase I make is just a 2 x 4 inch rectangle with chamfered edges
View attachment 238841View attachment 238842ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile appView attachment 238844
Ken, Thank you. It's something I can work with. I have an idea to make a couple of these. One dark, another light colored wood.
Your display stand is an outstanding design in my humble opinion. It draws attention to the pen while, complementing it as well.

Ken, Thank you. It's something I can work with. I have an idea to make a couple of these. One dark, another light colored wood.
Your display stand is an outstanding design in my humble opinion. It draws attention to the pen while, complementing it as well.
Ken, I'm familiar with Steve Good. Have met him several times. The day isn't complete if I don't read scrollsaw workshop.
Thank you for your kind reply. Have a wonderful day.

Top Bottom