First Pen Pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larryreitz

Larryreitz

I'm thinking seriously about resurrecting my Etsy site and wanted to see how some of the pics would look. So, I thought I post here and request C&C. Shown in order (I hope) are:

Cigar with salvaged piece of cherry and cast with Alumalite
_MG_8390_Cigar_cherry hybrid.jpg

Nautical with olive wood finished with Dr's Pens Plus
_MG_8398-Nautical-Olivewood.jpg

Atrax with Cocobolo and Pen's Plus
_MG_8400-Atrax in cocobolo.jpg

Elegant Sierra (Thank you Pen) with dyed wood chips cast with Alumalite
_MG_8405 Elegant Sierra.jpg

Jr. Gent with spalted maple and finished with Pens Plus
Img-8390-JrGent-Spalted Maple.jpg

Thanks for looking,
larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Great looking pens and the photography is great too !! . Except for the first pic. ... a little blurred.

Actually, to be frank with you, when I am buying something from pictures, I don't like any distractions.
I find the mirror images somewhat distracting. I know that they provide the potential seller with views of both sides of the pen, which is good ... but maybe you can find a way to use the mirror without it becoming ... er ... overpowering for lack of a better word..

Last edited:

Dehn0045

Nice looking pens. I agree with Mal. I don't mind the mirror on pics 1,2,and 4. But pics 3 and 5 the mirror is too aggressive for me.

Lucky2

Larry,these are some beautiful looking pens, you did an amazing job turning them. I disagree with the previous statements, I like the use of the mirrors and I see no blurriness in the first picture. I don't care for the set-up used on pictures numbers three and five, they don't show the pens well enough and they look to busy IMO. If you do decide to dump the mirrors, I still think you should display your pens in the same manor as in numbers 1,2 and 4. I don't much care for the way they are displayed, in pics numbers 3 and 5.
Len

Larryreitz

Thanks Len.

Perhaps I should have started this in the marketing and shows forum, but the feedback from this post has been very useful. On Etsy I believe it is important to have an "attention grabber" in order to get folks to look further and read about the listing. Perhaps I will start another thread in marketing and shows where one pen is photographed in several different ways and see what the folks here think.

Larry

Top Bottom