First Pen Photo on new site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

I wanted to test a few things in my first pen photo on the new site. I know you all seen this pen. This was my Bash acrylic pen

The kit used is a full size Majestic. The blank is called Mexican Agate. Its light and dark amber bands along with streaks of white running through it make it a stunning blank. The material is somewhat translucent so I reversed painted the blank with a med metallic blue spray paint. After it was turned it was MM and polished to a high shine. To add a bit of elegance, I replaced the clear crystal in the clip with a turned replacement of the same material. I also added a matching letter opener. Thanks for looking.
Copy_of_IMGP0375__1550432089_60150.jpg
Copy_of_IMGP0374__1550432057_25640.jpg
Copy_of_IMGP0392__1550518192_19717.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Or another try. I think I like this better. You can cycle through multiple photos pretty easily. Thanks for indulging. By the way if anyone is interested, the first way was inserting as Full Image. The second way was inserting as Thumbnails.

Attachments

• Copy_of_IMGP0374__1550432057_25640.jpg
    Copy_of_IMGP0374__1550432057_25640.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Copy_of_IMGP0375__1550432089_60150.jpg
    Copy_of_IMGP0375__1550432089_60150.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Copy_of_IMGP0392__1550518192_19717.jpg
    Copy_of_IMGP0392__1550518192_19717.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 199

Ironwood

First class all the way John.
I much prefer the full size pics. The thumbnails don't play well on my iPad, most will only open halfway.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
First class all the way John.
I much prefer the full size pics. The thumbnails don't play well on my iPad, most will only open halfway.

You and @mmayo (and I'm sure others who haven't let me know) are experiencing the same issue of partial rendering or random cropping of images using Safari on Apple devices. I've discovered that this is a known bug in some 3rd party code which is incorporated into Xenforo. A fix is possibly coming in the next maintenance release. I've asked for an update on the timeline.

Larryreitz

Stunning describes it perfectly. Just beautiful!!

As for the images, I have not had any partials show yet. However I can only scroll through 2 ,sometimes 3 thumbnails, before my screen goes back to showing thumbnails only. Not a big issue but, it seems like one should be able to scroll through all of them without re-clicking on the next thumbnail.
Larry

alphageek

Former Moderator
You and @mmayo (and I'm sure others who haven't let me know) are experiencing the same issue of partial rendering or random cropping of images using Safari on Apple devices. I've discovered that this is a known bug in some 3rd party code which is incorporated into Xenforo. A fix is possibly coming in the next maintenance release. I've asked for an update on the timeline.
Weird... my iPad Pro has no issues and I agree with John and it's the better way. I click on a thumbnail and can flip though the images full screen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen and photos. Thanks for your assessment on posting the photos. Nice to see our options on the screen before getting into it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
John, Beautiful work. The blanks remind me of some tree bark that is layered. Beautifully done and professional photos to boot!

Jeff, I'm not having any issues on my 12" MacBook with Safari, so it must be on smaller screen devices

jttheclockman

Thanks all for the kind words. I am sorry I can not do anything to help those with phone issues. Maybe as jeff says there maybe a fix coming. The photos are sized to guidelines so can not help there. I will see what other do when showing pens and see what further concensus is. Thanks again.

Ironwood

It just seems to be my iPad, I am on my iMac at the moment and having no problems with the thumbnails.
Using Safari on both.

mmayo

Your recent updates with the easy access to the forums is great. I applaud your efforts and skill. I hope the image display issues are resolved.

Thanks

Top Bottom