First patchwork pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I made the blank from a zillion pieces glued together, cut up, glued back together, cut up...etc, etc. It took me several hours to do the blank but I like the effect.

The pencil is a Power style pencil from PSI.

Comments, very welcome.

Patchwork pen-2.jpg Pathcwork pen-1.jpg Patchwork pen-3.jpg

Thanks all for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

Thank you everyone. I had a lot of fun creating that. I now have several versions to play with. I may not sell them but they turn nicely and look fantastic. (if I do say so myself).

Watch for others!

ldubia

Looks cool Larry! How to you get each piece square with the next?

Not all woods are square to the next. That was not a consideration. Some are a bit off and makes it a little more interesting. I just glued everything together, cut it apart differently, glued it back up, cut it again, then reglued. That is why the woods are so thin in some areas. I have others that I am glueing at weird angles and stacking that way. They will come out pretty neat. I will be turning one in the next few days.

Larry, Looks cool! What type of glue did you use, CA or Wood Glue?? Gary

The glue of choice has been medium CA and accelerator after clamping. It as worked out well so far.

Nice pen Larry! Hope you bring it to our next chapter meeting.. Larry R.

That pen is on its way to Australia as part of a swap. I have others I am turning that I will bring. I may bring some blanks if I have time to make them.

Cheers and thanks for the comments. That means a lot to me from this group.

David Keller

Sharp looking pen, Larry... Did I send you a blank that I made that looked a little like that when we swapped stuff a while back? It's a great way to use of scraps and cut-offs. Nicely done!

alankulwicki7

It reminds me of the 'crazy' quilt that my grandma gave us a few years ago. The quilt was put together with whatever scraps were left from previous sewing jobs and has been in my family for over 100 years.

Great job on the pen!

Top Bottom