First Ornament

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

This is my first attempt at not only ornaments but hollowing. I used tools I made myself from allen wrenches. The bulb is Spanish Ceder and the top and finial are Wenge. The bulb is a constant 1/8" thick throughout. The bulb was sealed with shellac then buffed and waxed. The top and finial was only waxed on the lathe.

IMG_1239.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Very nice ornament, I like the finials. However, I think it is not nice to have your new Big Mustard as part of your signature. It makes me sad that I don't have one, Boo Hoo. Oh well, I guess I will have to just go turn something on my little tiny lathe.

Fred

Very nice ornament turning. Make a bunch more for your Christmas tree. You only have five days to get'em done. :):)

Cindy ... don't they sell that tint of yellow paint in spray cans at the local Home Depot or Lowes? (Just picking on you!) :biggrin:

Thanks for looking everyone. :handshake: I really had a good time turning this project.

As for getting the tree decorated with these. Not going to happen until the kids are grown and out of the house. :beat-up:

ctubbs

Mike, that is BEAUTIFUL! Just 1/8" thick and made your own turning tools out of allen wrenches. Thanks for the idea, I have drawers full of single wrenches on unknown sizes.
Charles

Mike, that is BEAUTIFUL! Just 1/8" thick and made your own turning tools out of allen wrenches. Thanks for the idea, I have drawers full of single wrenches on unknown sizes.
Charles

Here is a couple pics of the tools I made. The handle is 3/4" diameter x 6" long tapped for a 1/4 20 set screw. the Allen wrench is 3/16 and the straight cutter is an old speed bore bit. I am going to bore the other end of the handle to accept a 1/4 Allen wrench

IMG_1275N.jpgIMG_1271N.jpg

Top Bottom