First one in a long time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

It's been a while. About 4 years ago I was sitting on the bench in my shop and realized there were more work projects in my shop than fun projects. I decided to "hang up my spurs" and the shop got packed up for a move across town and never got unpacked. Recently got a hankering to drag the metal lathe out and start with the pen thing again. (Apparently a common thing around here recently.) Words cannot express how much one can forget in 4 years. The first 2 blanks didn't survive the relearning process. The pen was a rough but fun ride, need to level the lathe, possibly recenter the tailstock. Now to go through all the click mechanisms I bought way back when and try remember what I was going to do with them. Still not doing any woodworking, but the pen making is fun again.

Attachments

• new pen1.jpg
    new pen1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 203
  • new pen2.jpg
    new pen2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Chris, I have seen threads/comments/pictures from you in the past and I am glad you may be returning to IAP. The wealth of knowledge of members such as yourself is ... priceless. I am not inexperienced, but I look for members that have skills/knowledge/experience that I do not have. You are one of them!

Edit: Got caught up in my banter: Awesome pen! You're back in the saddle. đź‘Ť

Top Bottom