First non-pen project ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brailsmt

brailsmt

This is the first woodworking project I've done in my new shop that isn't a pen.
Well, if you don't count the jewelry box I made in HS shop 30 years ago, at least. I'm making all sorts of mistakes and expect most of the glue joints to fail on me, but this is a birthday gift to my dad. It is hard maple and thermally modified ash. I will be planing it tonight and adding thin maple strips around the outside and then a 2" border of the ash. The squares are 2.5" so the final dimension will be 24" x 24".

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

This is the first woodworking project I've done in my new shop that isn't a pen.
Well, if you don't count the jewelry box I made in HS shop 30 years ago, at least. I'm making all sorts of mistakes and expect most of the glue joints to fail on me, but this is a birthday gift to my dad. It is hard maple and thermally modified ash. I will be planing it tonight and adding thin maple strips around the outside and then a 2" border of the ash. The squares are 2.5" so the final dimension will be 24" x 24".

View in Gallery

Titebond III and clamps, never fails

Top Bottom