First New Pens in About 8 Years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

These are the first pens I've turned in about 8 years. The Baron is a Cordovan dyed Curly Maple, and the Churchill is what I believe - but not totally sure of - Jatoba. Both pens are finished with 10 coats of CA, sanded/polished thru 12000 MicroMesh, 2 coats of 20-20, and 3 coats of Renaissance Wax. Each pen has its' flaws, but it was such fun and relaxation turning them.

Attachments

• Baron_Cordovan_Open.JPG
    Baron_Cordovan_Open.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Churchill_Jatoba_Open.JPG
    Churchill_Jatoba_Open.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
After 8 years :eek::eek: ! After 8 years I'd have forgotten what I used to know that I used to be able to do. Both are excellent. Stick around and show us some more, these are wonderful.

DrD

Thanks Alan and Larry!

Larry, the Baron & Churchill are absolutely my 2 favorites.

As I unpacked and set up my pen paraphernalia I found I had about 30 El Grande kits - mostly fountain pens - in various flavors - no upgrade gold. While the El Grande is the father of the Churchill, I really do not care so much for the squared-off lines of the El Grande . Not sure what to do about all the El Grande kits. I just finished what might be my most favorite pen of all time - a chrome Churchill in jet black acrylic; to me it is as seductive as a Mont Blanc No.149. I suspect I may not get a lot of agreement on that last point.

Top Bottom