First meeting for 2012

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
For those that want a meeting inside the loop, now would be a good time to volunteer to find a location a set a date for sometime after the first of the year.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRENDA WITTE

Just wanted to let you all know that both Woodcraft locations are having a pen contest. Voting will be entire month of october. If you are interested, call them for details.

BRENDA WITTE

I have a question. I use BLO on my wood blanks after sanding, and before my CA glue finish. My problem is that the BLO makes dark wood almost too dark. Any suggestions on what I can use that wont make my blanks too dark?

BRENDA WITTE

Hello, Monty. I would love to have a meeting in my shop, but it isnt heated. It will be too cold out there. In fact, once the weather starts getting really cold, I wont be working out there until it warms up. I hope that this will be the last winter without an air conditioned and heated shop.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have a question. I use BLO on my wood blanks after sanding, and before my CA glue finish. My problem is that the BLO makes dark wood almost too dark. Any suggestions on what I can use that wont make my blanks too dark?
Brenda, sorry I missed this post. Eliminate the BLO, that should solve your problem.

As for our first meeting of 2012, if no one wants to take the initiative to organize a meeting inside the loop, or anywhere else for that matter, my shop is always open for a meeting as is Ramon's in Alvin.

stealth555

Inner loopers step up

I remember hearing at the last meeting a lot of discussion about wanting a meeting farther north or perhaps inside the loop. Now is the chance. If you can host a meeting, please do so. Otherwise, we will be back down south. Works for me as I live south, but we want to make the meetings more geographically diverse. ;)

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
I ran into and spoke with Parson a week or so back at Rockler and mentioned now would be a great time for him to host a meeting at his place in the Heights (I think).

Thought he was gonna get on here and post something but I guess he hasn't yet.

I agree with Steve and Mannie, if you want a meeting more central Houston, then you're going to have to step up and volunteer us a place. :biggrin:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If it's gonna be in the central Houston area, than someone needs to step up and take the reigns before Jan1, otherwise we'll start planning the next meeting for either Ramon's or my place.
I was going to start a poll about the location but I don't want to start another thread about the next meeting, it gets confusing for many to keep track of what's posted in more than one thread.

Justturnin

Where ever it is I am going to try my hardest to make it. I wishI could do it here but there is barely enough room in my shop for me....... what a mess, and no insulation or heat/AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom