First meeting for 2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

McBryde

If you really want some food that conveys wood turning, I trap beaver, and could have some fresh beaver meat to cook on Saturday. =) <Insert joke here>

Emerson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

If you really want some food that conveys wood turning, I trap beaver, and could have some fresh beaver meat to cook on Saturday. =) <Insert joke here>

Emerson

As many people, that will be there ,it could'nt hurt to have some extra meat.
Just lay it ,wrapped in foil ,on your engine ,as far as you have to drive, it will be ready by the time you get here.LOL

sol92258

As many people, that will be there ,it could'nt hurt to have some extra meat.
Just lay it ,wrapped in foil ,on your engine ,as far as you have to drive, it will be ready by the time you get here.LOL
happy102.gif

sol92258

guys, my apologies...had a low tire this evening, got it fixed, but I've got to go back and get the alignment fixed in the morning or I'll have some more major problems soon.
The problem lies in the fact I was going to make peppers in the morning, but now I'll be out of time.
My joke earlier about bringing cookies may actually have to come to fruition...sorry.

Perhaps next time the peppers will make it

traderdon55

Maybe you can fix the peppers next time. I just finished smoking 15 lbs. of chicken and my wife just finished a fresh apple cake to go with our coffee in the morning. She told me if I get up early enough in the morning she will make us some homemade rolls.

McBryde

Will there by any chance be an extra grill around running? It's too late on the beavers with such a short notice, needed 1 more day, but could bring some bacon wrapped mushrooms and peppers if I had a space to throw them together and a grill.

Emerson

sol92258

Will there by any chance be an extra grill around running? It's too late on the beavers with such a short notice, needed 1 more day, but could bring some bacon wrapped mushrooms and peppers if I had a space to throw them together and a grill.

Emerson
I had just thought that same thing, but the grocery store was out of peppers :frown:

traderdon55

Final update. I will have a gas grill set up for Emerson and any one else that needs to use it. Roger has changed from a dessert to coleslaw. With everyone else it will be a true potluck as everyone that has let me know what they are bringing has posted on here or contacted me to post it for them. We have also had several volunteers to bring door prizes so we should have a nice drawing. Look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

McBryde

I just got home from wal-mart, and I got the stuff to do bacon wrapped mushrooms and peppers on the grill, as well as 2 bags of chips, and 48 canned drinks( 12 sams diet cola, 12 dr thunder, and 24 sam's cola). That is what I am bringing as far as food and drinks go. Tea might not be a bad idea.

Emerson

traderdon55

Coffee is already going. We have tea but had forgotten about ice. Hopefully we will have enough frozen by meeting time. I will try not to eat all the fresh apple cake before everyone gets here..

Mac

I would call this a success, 25 folks, turning and eating from 10 in the morning till 7ish tonight. Made lots of new friends, and had fellowship and a good time all around.

micah1_8

I, for one, had a great time and learned quite a bit. If nothing else, as a beginner, it was great having more experienced brains on hand to pick. Thanks for putting this together, and I look forward to doing it again. :biggrin:

traderdon55

I hope everyone had a good time,I know i did. Several people had other commitments and could not stay all day but we were glad to see everyone no matter how long they were here.This was our largest group yet and had four states represented.We had people from Oklahoma driving over an hour, Texans from as far as Dallas, People from Bossier city,La., and people out of Arkansas from as far away as Morrilton. It was really nice to put a face to several IAP members that I only knew from reading their posts. I would like to say a special thank you to everyone that donated to the door prizes. Everyone was so generous that the only people that left without a door prize were the ones that left before the drawing and they would have had one too since we enough that several people got two prizes.

McBryde

I had a great time, and I want to send out a special thanks to Mac and Don for sticking around and helping me with a special first pen that I had been having troubles with. I turned the wood 2 times at my house with blow ups each time, and then another blow up at Don's place, but we got it all together on try #4. That darn black walnut was just sooooooo dry. Even #4 had it's own problems, but it is a special pen so all is good.

This pen was a really special one due to the fact that my grandfather, who introduced me into woodworking passed away a year and a half ago now. He was creamated, and his urn was made of this piece of wood. So I thought it fitting, to make a pen out of the same wood. The problem was that it was really really really dry, and kept blowing up on me. Even after we got all finished with the pen, and pressed it together, it cracked, as you can see in the first picture on the cap end. I want to send a thanks out to Mac and Don though, as it would have not been possible for me to get it done by myself.

Here she is:

1stPen2.jpg

1stPen.jpg

leslie hines

Don, I had a great time was glad to get out again and met some new people. The demos were very good sorry that I had to leave before Roger got done. Thanks for hosting a great meeting.

Rangertrek

Well, I guessed I missed out on a lot of fun and hospitality. I'll try not to get sick before the next meeting.:) Betty (SWMBO) had a great time and enjoyed meeting many of you.

Patiently waiting for the next one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom