First Meeting April 25th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

traderdon55

After talking with most of our members April 25th is the 1st date that no one seems to have conflicting plans. Our first meeting will be at my shop in New Boston begining around 10:00a.m.Anyone that I have not talked to and given directions may e-mail me and I will send you directions the week before the meeting. Right now most of the agenda is still up in the air. The only demos planned right now are penmaking 101,ca finish,and ca-blo finish. We are open to ideas on what you would like to see or to anyone that would like to do a demo.We also plan to have 3 lathes set up ,so if you are new to penturning some one will be happy to work with you one on one after the demos. The coffee pot will be on when you arrive and we are planning on a pot luck lunch. I am grilling some burgers and possibly putting some chicken on the smoker. If you would like to bring something let us know so we don't have everyone bringing the same thing.There is no obligation to bring anything other than yourself. Right now we have 14 people planning on attending but the more the merrier. Be sure to bring some of your work to display and if you would like to do a blank exchange bring a couple of blanks to trade. If you have anything you need to sell or trade bring that also. I look forward to seeing everyone April 25th 10:00 til ??. P.S. There will be a door prize drawing. Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sol92258

I'm a little late to the party, my schedule is already booked for the 25th, but I definitely want to make the next one...the demos mentioned are definitely ones I would greatly benefit from.

JOT

Jacque and I will be there too. Looking forward to it. We can bring baked beans or potato salad, whichever you need. Also let us know if it grows to more than 12 so we can bring enough for everyone. Do you think it might be a good idea to post the directions to your place here so those of us who may have trouble finding the directions you gave us earlier can get them here? Thanks. Jim

traderdon55

Jim I will get written directions to you and everyone else that I know that is coming next week. Our group is so spread out that the directions will be different depending on where you are coming from.

sol92258

Jim I will get written directions to you and everyone else that I know that is coming next week. Our group is so spread out that the directions will be different depending on where you are coming from.
it may be easier to give your address, and let Google maps give each person their individualized directions...just a thought :wink:

Mac

I''ll be there, if I can get there from here. bringing diet drinks, maybe donuts Don!! and fruit tray with dip. Also bringing door prizes,and I guess I''ll do a demo if you need me to ha ha
I think I remember how to get there, correct me if I am wrong. It's left right left right left right right ,is that right!

Mac

Just kidding about the demo.I will be doing a demo using two differnt kinds of CA finishes, also bringing two lathes. Don , let me know if you need anything else.

traderdon55

Only 3 more days.Just a little update. I just recieved an order of pen kits from China and will be offering special low prices to everyone at the meeting Saturday. Ken Nelson from Kallenshaanwoods is sending some of his great pen blank kits for door prizes,in fact there will be enough door prizes that no member attending will leave empty handed. If you have not responded to your e-mails please do so before Friday as I want to make sure to have plenty of chairs and enough food for everyone. For the members of the Oklahoma AAW club that are attending I will bring written directions to the meeting Thursday night. If anyone has any questions please e-mail me. I check my e-mail every morning. See you Saturday. Don Barfield

traderdon55

I hope everyone had a good time at our first meeting,I know I did. We did not have as many people as expected but 12 people showed up which allowed everyone to get 2 door prizes a piece. Needless to say the first round of door prizes selected were the great kits donated by Kallashanwoods(THANKS Ken).In addition to demos and lots of food we decided on how often to meet and what kinds of demos we wanted to do.We decided to have our next meeting July 11th at Macs shop in Texarkana. We already have 3 demos planned for that meeting and welcome any other suggestions. We had several members with other commitments during our last meeting that hopefully will be able to make the next one. If you are new to penmaking feel free to attend. We had one member stay and make their first pen after the last meeting. If you are new someone will always be happy to work with you one on one after any meeting or I will be happy to have you come to my shop anytime. I look foward to seeing everyone again July 11th.
Don Barfield

Top Bottom