first mach 3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Just got some Mach 3 razor heads and brushes from Anthony. This is the first one I did and also found some use for all the leftover churchill finials I dont use. The material is red jasper. Tried too much for the first one so it took too long, but now that I have the process down, they'll go much quicker.

Attachments

• Razor red jasper  (2) - Copy.JPG
    Razor red jasper (2) - Copy.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Razor red jasper - Copy.JPG
    Razor red jasper - Copy.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
That looks really nice! I love the idea of making my own handle, just like with the brush. But my face does not like the Mach 3 blades. I prefer the gillete 2 bladers.

PTJeff

That's a great way to recycle the old ends from closed end Churchill projects.
I have a whole cup of these. Thanks for sharing.
I wonder how the plating will hold up in a wet climate?

Texatdurango

Glenn, That looks really nice, good idea on using the endcap from a kit. Have you used it or one similar one to shave with yet?

I've seen these for a while and think they look fantastic and have often considered making a few but one thin keeps gnawing at me.

I have a Mach3 and one of the best things Gillette ever did was to mold small rubber parts all over the handle which in my opinion help you hold onto the little sucker while shaving .

Any opinion?

turkey-slayer

Nice job Glenn on the Mach 3 and I like the Red Jasper you used. I made one last week using the Banded Malachite that Anthony sells. It was the first time that I have turned Trustone material on the lathe but I will be doing some more in the future. You need to take light cuts with fairly sharp turning tools. One thing you could do to make it grip the handle better is to take the skew and cut some grooves into the handle material. That is what I did on the Mack 3 that I made. I agree with Texatdurango that the rubber on the handle of those you buy help grip while shaving so try cutting some grooves with the skew. It seemed to help while using it to shave with.

I use a Mach 3 and the "grips" are a huge benefit. I havnt used a hand made handle and this one is sold, already. So, I'll have to make another and try it out. I thought of putting grooves in it, but put the curves in the shape instead as I didnt think the grooves would compliment the material. It may be a necessary feature on future models, we'll see.

Glenn, That looks really nice, good idea on using the endcap from a kit. Have you used it or one similar one to shave with yet?

I've seen these for a while and think they look fantastic and have often considered making a few but one thin keeps gnawing at me.

I have a Mach3 and one of the best things Gillette ever did was to mold small rubber parts all over the handle which in my opinion help you hold onto the little sucker while shaving .

Any opinion?

Top Bottom