First Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

I admit a lot of work to be done to perfect but I am happy with the first one! Had trouble with cracking on the body threads so I made them out of aluminum. Got a new tap so will try that again! Turned on a wood lathe - Can't wait to get a metal lathe!
5MM Bock nib and section.
Comments and critique invited.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_14c0.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_14c0.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 255
  • fullsizeoutput_14c1.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_14c1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 237
  • fullsizeoutput_14c3.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_14c3.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice first kitless Keith. I like the material for cap and body. So Bock has sections too? Didn't know that. You're on your way!

Gregory Hardy

This looks great - good for you! I've used a Bock section a few times, as it allowed me to get down to an 11mm cap thread and make a very small custom pen. Now...time to make your own section! Good luck on the journey.

magpens

I admire your work, Keith !! . This is a pen to cherish !!

I would be interested in knowing the thread specs please ... the threads that are shown.

And what is the material you made the cap and body out of ... the usual acrylic ?

Last edited:

keithbyrd

Thanks Mal

I admire your work, Keith !! . This is a pen to cherish !!
Thank you!

I would be interested in knowing the thread specs please ... the threads that are shown.
I used M11-.8 tap and die for the cap and body threads and M8.5-1 tap for the section using a Bock section.

And what is the material you made the cap and body out of ... the usual acrylic ?
It is an acrylic - I. think I got from Exotic Blanks call Blu Steel mist. I have made several pens out of it over the years.

Top Bottom