First Jr. Emperor(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from satchm0h

satchm0h

45015B3D-27CC-45CC-B60B-D370D740F6F5.jpeg
4E7EF41D-31B3-4808-870A-96E067E6D539.jpeg

Exotic Blanks had the Jr. Emperor in Titanium on sale a couple of weeks ago so I took the plunge and bought two of them. Glad I did!

I'm drawing a blank on the wood species for the first, but it is wet sanded using Dr's walnut oil up to 2000 then friction polished with Dr's Pens Plus. I am absolutely loving the finish. So much more natural than CA, but still shiny and lustrous. Time will tell about durability.

The second is a Aquabright Pen Blank - Purple Crush with the holes painted black. I sanded to 600, wet micro mesh pads up through 12000, then polished with Novus 2 & 1.

I'm still very new to pen turning (turning in general). These are my 13th and 14th pens. Any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fine Engineer

Those turned out great! And the top one is just spectacular. The full grain of the wood works fantastically with the facets of the kit. Wonderful.

Kcimdrib

They look great I use Friction polish as my standard finish. Well done.

qquake

Exotic Blanks had the Jr. Emperor in Titanium on sale a couple of weeks ago so I took the plunge and bought two of them. Glad I did!

I'm drawing a blank on the wood species for the first, but it is wet sanded using Dr's walnut oil up to 2000 then friction polished with Dr's Pens Plus. I am absolutely loving the finish. So much more natural than CA, but still shiny and lustrous. Time will tell about durability.

The second is a Aquabright Pen Blank - Purple Crush with the holes painted black. I sanded to 600, wet micro mesh pads up through 12000, then polished with Novus 2 & 1.

I'm still very new to pen turning (turning in general). These are my 13th and 14th pens. Any constructive criticism is more than welcome.
I think you're off to a great start!

Top Bottom