First Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigPat1953

A close friend is requesting a fountain pen in PSI's colorgrain. Two reservations about this: 1) I've never done a fountain pen, and 2) while Colorgrain makes nice pens, to put it on a pricey fountain pen kit is like putting retreads on a BMW. I am considering the Majestic Jr. from PSI. What other kits on the market are comparable?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Emperor Jr.
Jr. Antony
Jr. Aaron

These are all "quite classy" ..... check them out at ...... www.exoticblanks.com ...... or ...... www.BearToothWoods.com

There are lots of kits "comparable" to the Majestic Jr. from PSI ( which is a medium priced kit, I would say ..... but opinions may differ on that )

Do you mean comparable in quality ? . comparable in price ? . Or what ?

If all your friend wants is a fountain pen, that does not have to cost an arm and a leg ..... there are some quite cheap fountain pen kits.
Consider Jr. Gent .... or consider an Atrax

Fred Bruche

I am regularly confused when I read "I've never done a fountain pen". If you go with a kit, there is nothing special you need to change compared to a rollerball pen. What changes is the section part included in the kit, the rest of the pen is strictly identical.

Top Bottom