First Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenHog

PenHog

This is the first fountain pen for me. I used some leftover pieces of green olive Madrepearlato and white Alumilite from Exotic Blanks, plus a freebie blank from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods called Caramel Popcorn. The clip is from Turners Warehouse. The nib is a gold-plated #6 fine by Bock purchased from Beaufort Ink.

It was a good learning experience. Thanks for looking, and Happy Holidays to you all.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 250
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 250
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenHog

Hi DrD.

Thanks, and yes, not that far from Columbus.

I think perhaps the most well-known pen turner that I'm aware of from around here is Renée (Scriptorium Pens). I regularly view her tweets with quite a bit of envy ... serious, serious envy :)

PenHog

Thanks, Tim. And, yes, already working on the next one :)

I should have picked another handle, maybe BlankHog would be more accurate, since I do like to grab those. I don't seem to keep any of the pens I make, except for the very first one; a poorly-sanded mineral sea alumilite rollerball. My wife has claimed this new fountain pen, and the next one as a Christmas gift. Then, I've promised my sister-in-law one, and various friends...

PenHog

Thanks, Mike. If it helps, I messed up two sections before I got it done. Drilled too large on one, and cracked the threads on the other. Some bad words were uttered :) I barely had enough white alumilite lying around to finish the pen.

bsshog40

Nice job! I have yet to do a fountain pen. Hope to do one soon one day. Y'all make them look soo nice.

PenHog

Thanks, Bobby. I say: go for it, it's fun and challenging. I made rollerball kit and kitless pens for a little while, but recently got the itch to try something new.

And, yeah, I agree there are people on this board that raise the bar on kitless FPs to insanely high levels. Posters like Teodor, Jon Albert, Martin Paul, Carl Pepka, Jon Tello, and many others (I'm new, so still trying to figure out the community). I do NOT show my wife the pictures of their pens :)

Top Bottom