First fountain pen tips?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JasonM

I've always made rollerball pens but would like to branch out and try some fountain pens. I was looking to start with a junior gent or something along that line.

Is there any sage advice or "watch-outs" for someone used to rollerballs and making an initial foray into fountains and nibs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duke851

Beware!!!!! Fountain pens are horribly addictive and should you find yourself eying a Binderised Pelikan it may be time to seek proffesional help.

The Jr gentleman have very nice writing nibs as do all their kits. I think you will like the end result. They also have different size nibs available if you want to try a finer or broader nib.

ChrisN

Hmmm. I never made any rollerballs, but I have done fountain pens..... I have a Jr. Gent with a Heritance nib on it. The standard nib writes quite well, but I wanted a finer one.

You should educate yourself about how to adjust and maintain fountain pens. I can tell you from experience they are not as plug and play as a roller ball. You will need to be able to answer questions from your customers and should have made several adjustments so you know how to do it. Other than that they are no more difficult to make from hardware than any other pen. Just harder to get them tuned up. Plus everyone writes differently what seems great to you may not work well for someone else.

Top Bottom