First fountain pen for 2023 (and ever)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InkyMike

InkyMike

Barron kit with a blank from Exotic Blanks called "meteor." I'm really happy with how it turned out - next time I might make the cap just a wee bit skinnier

Attachments

• L1010032.jpg
    L1010032.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 109
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice all the way around. Have you ever considered replacing the black end of the cap with one made from the pen material? It adds a really nice touch.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

InkyMike

Nice all the way around. Have you ever considered replacing the black end of the cap with one made from the pen material? It adds a really nice touch.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Don - it crossed my mind and I think I had enough material to turn a cap - I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to pop out the black cap - do you (does anyone) have experience with this on the Barron kits?

Michael

KMCloonan

Don - it crossed my mind and I think I had enough material to turn a cap - I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to pop out the black cap - do you (does anyone) have experience with this on the Barron kits?

Michael
Here is an excellent video on how to make custom finials, made by IAP's own John Underhill. He shows how to remove the original finial material, and how to make the custom finial replacement.

Top Bottom