First foray into expensive kits!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeDzien

MikeDzien

Wasp nest hybrid blank on a jr Aaron kit! I didn't want to mess up either the kit or the blanks. So this was pretty nerve racking, finished nicely though. Which picture do you guys like better? On the maple burl with red satin background? Or white on a stand? I'm colorblind so pardon the lack of matching backgrounds if they don't lol

Attachments

• 254F69D0-4DF6-4CA6-A209-1559306629A9.jpeg
    254F69D0-4DF6-4CA6-A209-1559306629A9.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 335
  • F76D17BA-074E-4DB7-AA86-17A1FAFBE0C0.jpeg
    F76D17BA-074E-4DB7-AA86-17A1FAFBE0C0.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 322
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Mike, like Jim, I prefer the white background, also like Jim for the same reason.

Len

Oops, I'm sorry but, I forgot to comment on the pen. It's a real beauty, you did a great job of putting it all together.

ramaroodle

I think the burl and colored background looks classy with that particular pen as it compliments some of the colors of the pen. If you have a bunch of different colored swatches and a few different burls for different colored pens it's a very nice touch. If that's too much trouble, the white looks just fine but you're always fighting shadows with white and the shadows are distracting to me. The fabric doesn't do that, which is nice. If the lighting is good then black might be nice regardless of pen color.

Last edited:
White background for me. I suffer from the same color issues as you and when people use same color backgrounds, or similar, a lot of times the item being displayed blends into the background color and all I see is the metal parts of the pen. I've seen a lot of photo's here where people have wood backgrounds with a wood blank pen of the basic same color. I'm pretty sure the pen is very nice but again, all I see are the metal parts.

Gabericks

Wasp nest hybrid blank on a jr Aaron kit! I didn't want to mess up either the kit or the blanks. So this was pretty nerve racking, finished nicely though. Which picture do you guys like better? On the maple burl with red satin background? Or white on a stand? I'm colorblind so pardon the lack of matching backgrounds if they don't lol
I like white but diffuse your light with baking paper over a strong light source to get rid of the shadow.

Top Bottom