first DIW blanks from new stash

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I had a little punky log in the stash, so I SLOWLY cut it up with my standard (now very dull) bandsaw blade. I got three nice full sized blanks, a couple of shorties, and a couple that will need infill/stabilization.

diw2.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

loydstuts - you can search through the tutorials and forums here to find tons of information on the hows/whys/whats of stabilizing....you'll also find links to various YouTube videos showing how to do it (which likely also explain why as well).

You can also jump right to one of the main sources for stabilizing (resin, tooling, tutorials, and more) with this link: TurnTex Woodworks - Cactus Juice Stabilizing Resin

That site is owned/run by one of the members here, so if you search IAP for info, you'll no doubt find plenty of additional information from Mr. Cactus Juice himself as well as many others. :biggrin:

BSea

DIW is one of my favorites. And those that are inlayed will be something special.

If you haven't turned DIW before, your inb for a real treat. . . . . . . . If you like the smell of dirt.

Last edited:

Katya

OOH! DIW is my favourite, too. Just bought some of it recently, too. I'll be interested to see how you work it.. have only done regular kit pens with it so far. I'd like to do something a bit fancier, but frankly I don't really want to take a way from the beauty of the wood. Keep us all posted..

robutacion

Make us a pen Sharon that will knock our socks off. Sharpen that blade and cut the carob.

Ray

Hahahah Ray, Sharon is a smart "gal" she isn't as full as some of us, pushing over the limits of certain tools and then complain the damn things don't last...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Yes, I'm also guilty but, I'm a bloke, attracted to punishment...!:biggrin::laugh:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom