First Craft Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bope

My wife signed me up for a one day local craft show in Nov. It is a small show and it sounds like they may be limiting the number of people in the building at any one time. My question is how many pens to bring? I have about 30-40 pens made right now. They range from $30 slim lines to $90 roller balls. I can't imagine selling that many pens in a day but I will be pleasantly surprised if I do. Does that number sound reasonable for a small one day show? I also don't want to get to the end of the day with so few pens left that people won't stop and look.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

If you have something to display all your pens, I suggest you bring them all. I use pen boxes and other display tools. Pens left at home will not sell at this show. I never can predict which pen will sell.

I too wish you very good luck.

jttheclockman

Do not want to be a downer but do not expect too much from the show with this virus thing. Protect yourself. Wipe the pens down after people have touched them. Try to be be vigilant. 40 pens is enough. If you sell out good for you and then you have a feel for next show. Pay attention to what people look at and be active. Good luck.

Rileythepuppy

Never know how things will turn out. Did a small vendor pop up fair in a tiny town that they advertised for on Tuesday. Wasn't expecting much but sold 4- 50 Cal. Pens, 6 Slimlines a few magic wands and bracelet helpers. Not a bad 4 hours for a $10 fee.

studioseven

What numbers of attendees does this show typically have? The larger the more potential for sales. With that said, I'd expect a drop in numbers because of the virus. Also what are the other vendors selling. Anyone else selling pens? I once did a craft show where one of the vendors sold bras. Attendance and sales were terrible. Regardless, I would try and have an attractive display and then bring some extras to fill in. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Seven

mmayo

The last two shows in September yielded $1700 in sales so some people have money to spend covid19 or not. I have a show today and will tell what occurs after, though I predict a good day of sales.

WriteON

My .02 would be take more than less. It's a start and good learning experience. Have fun. My compliments for the effort.

Jerry Halpern

I always say bring them all! They don't take a ton of room, are easy to transport..... bringing them all doesn't mean you will sell them all, it means a potential customer will have a better chance of seeing the one they want and end up purchasing. I would hate to have interested people not fall in love with a pen and not purchase when half my inventory was at home, possibly containing one they would have wanted! At times it could be overwhelming to give them too many choices, but remember, you will never sell the pens you don't bring to the show!

Top Bottom