First corncob pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from swm6500

Status
Not open for further replies.

swm6500

This is my first corncob pen. Showing both sides so you can see how important it is to make sure the hole is drilled in the center. Had to fill in the low spots with shavings. Used yellow spirit dye to enhance the color.

200532233829_1STCORNCOBFRONT.jpg

200532233849_1STCORNCOBREAR.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darbytee

Looks great Sam. I haven't had much luck with the corn cobs, although I haven't tried one in several months. I think the spirit dye is a nice addition. Really makes the colors pop.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nicely done Sam... those corn cobs can be a real PIA.. one trick I found on some cobs that seem to run off center is to turn the blank between centers to remove the fluff and round them, then drill it out... it makes the blank center in your vise and keeps the bit running on center... if I am doing a bunch of corn cobs, I will do this, it does add an extra step, but does aid in making the kernal layout even...

swm6500

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Nicely done Sam... those corn cobs can be a real PIA.. one trick I found on some cobs that seem to run off center is to turn the blank between centers to remove the fluff and round them, then drill it out... it makes the blank center in your vise and keeps the bit running on center... if I am doing a bunch of corn cobs, I will do this, it does add an extra step, but does aid in making the kernal layout even...
[/quote

Thanks for the tip Tom. I will have to give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom