First Cigar - graduation gift for my son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jayk1998

jayk1998

For my oldest son's high school graduation, I wanted to make something really nice, so I gave the cigar pen a shot with some figured walnut. It ended up being not quite as figured as I hoped, but the grain pattern ended up looking fantastic, IMO. Heavy curling in the cap section, it's there in the lower, but faint... the picture almost doesn't show it at all.

Any C&C welcome. Thanks!

qnCTKva.jpg
zcxTVdb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

.......nice work. The camera always shows the flaws better'n the naked eye. That gives us time to make correction before the customer every see it. Your simple twist of the clip will work just fine! Be well......Jan

DLGunn

Yep nice pen. The clip is a good way to hide small issues like that. Now if I can figure out how to hide my mistakes that the clip won't cover I will be ok. :)

OZturner

Very Nice Graduation Pen, Jay.
Timber Blanks are always a bit of a Gamble.
You can find Hidden Treasures, in the most sedate piece of Timber. and Vice Versa. That is part of the joy, delight and mystery.
One never really knows until it is turned.
Your Walnut Blank, is really Beautiful, even though you would have liked it to be even more Spectacular.
Leaving that aside, your Fit and Finish, looks good.

I would prefer that you photograph the pen resting against a plain background.
Your fingers distract ones attention, and conceal the lines, particularly around the centre band.

Remembering this is your First Cigar, it is a terrific result.
I am sure your Son will be delighted with your Graduation Gift to him.

Well done.
Brian.

Top Bottom