First bowl and weed pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

I'm not sure why, but as i was cutting some blanks the other day, a particular piece of leftover just said to me "please don't just throw me in the scrap pile". So... i decided to try to do something new with it. Please let me know what you think and what needs improvement.

It's supposed to be a bad thing when the wood starts talking to you, isn't it? ;)

20071115182349_sbowl.jpg

2007111518243_svase.jpg

20071115182417_sbottoms.jpg

20071115182432_sscale.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Having the wood speak to you is a GOOD thing.....being unable to answer is NOT!
[edit] Both pieces are VERY nice! If these are indeed your first, you're certainly headed down the right path.

alxe24

They look great to me.
Funny you call it weed pot, the one thing about the so called "weed pots" that trully bothers me. No ofense to anyone here is that I made some small lided boxes a few weeks ago and took them to work. First words from most people where cool box for weed or, is that for your stash and bla bla bla, I might be dum since I never did any kind of drugs at all and I believe they are for loosers but it bother me to think of my work as pot container.
Again don't get me wrong and no ofense meant. As far as your work is concern I really like what you did I would sign my name at the base and put the type of wood used.

jskeen

Folks;

Let me clarify here. Weed pot has nothing to do with drugs of any type. It's a term used to denote a turned vase or jar that only has a drilled hole in the top as opposed to a true hollow form that is turned to a uniform wall thickness. I guess the term "weed pot" came from the fact that dried flower sprigs are usually put into the hole as opposed to fresh flowers that would be put in a vase with water. If you google for "weed pot turn" as opposed to just "weed pot" you will filter out most of the drug references and see several web pages on the turned wooden variety.

James

les-smith

Originally posted by jskeen

Folks;

Let me clarify here. Weed pot has nothing to do with drugs of any type. It's a term used to denote a turned vase or jar that only has a drilled hole in the top as opposed to a true hollow form that is turned to a uniform wall thickness. I guess the term "weed pot" came from the fact that dried flower sprigs are usually put into the hole as opposed to fresh flowers that would be put in a vase with water. If you google for "weed pot turn" as opposed to just "weed pot" you will filter out most of the drug references and see several web pages on the turned wooden variety.

James

Now that would have made a good trivia questions. Good looking wood.

GBusardo

Great job on saved wood! :) You should see my first few attempts lol most of which ended up on the floor in chunks. [B)] I have to admit, when I heard the term "Weed Pot", the drug was the first thing I thought of. Speaking of which, I wonder how many bracelet helpers are actually used to..... oh never mind. Must be a product of my mispent youth

fuzzydog

Alex,

"I made some small lided boxes a few weeks ago and took them to work. First words from most people where cool box for weed or, is that for your stash and bla bla bla, I might be dum since I never did any kind of drugs at all and I believe they are for loosers but it bother me to think of my work as pot container."

You could have stopped them cold if you would have asked them how many they wanted to buy for their friends.:D:D:D

David

alxe24

Originally posted by fuzzydog

Alex,

"I made some small lided boxes a few weeks ago and took them to work. First words from most people where cool box for weed or, is that for your stash and bla bla bla, I might be dum since I never did any kind of drugs at all and I believe they are for loosers but it bother me to think of my work as pot container."

You could have stopped them cold if you would have asked them how many they wanted to buy for their friends.:D:D:D

David

That is a good one. I doubt he would have spend any money he is very frugal not to mention cheap.

James,
I think you're lying... you are a ringer... a real pro trying to pass off as a newby...:D:D:D

This is great work, good detail and a good answer to the wood.

I used to pass through Crosby and stop for Kolaches on my way to work.. in those days I lived in Huffman.

Top Bottom