First Bolt Action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drewboy22

Drewboy22

Here is a little ditty I cooked up tonight. This pen kit came from Irish Pat with several others I bought.

Thanks for the prompt shipping and the kits :)

Mini Bolt Action with Cocobolo

20151102_203749_resized_zpsihmfjdhp.jpg

All C&C are welcome :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

I've got nothing to criticize, other than we can see you in the picture! :) (reflection in the chrome, lol!)

It looks perfect!

iMattDaddy

Very nice,
How do you like the kit? I haven't done a bolt action yet, but looking forward to it. Just have enough other kits to keep me busy ATM.

Drewboy22

Very nice,
How do you like the kit? I haven't done a bolt action yet, but looking forward to it. Just have enough other kits to keep me busy ATM.

I really like it. I got it from another member so I do not know where he got them, so I can not comment on what brand it is or any of that. However, the kit it self went together really well and the bolt action part is smooth as silk. I am not a fan of the stubby(ness) of the pen but if the full size is the same, It will be a favorite.

KCW

Skie_M

Yeah .... it says in the PSI website and the PSI catalog "Bolt Action Pens - Exclusively from Penn State Industries!"

So ... when I see a bolt action pen, I'm gonna say PSI. :)

Seeing as how you got them from someone in Ireland, they could have been gotten from Timberbits legally and then semi-legally resold to you ... but they're not supposed to come back to the USA. :)

Drewboy22

That's a PSI kit. :)

This would likely be a mini bolt action from Timberbits.

Why pay $13 when I can get one for about $5.75

Mini Bolt Action Pen Kits

I went and looked at them, and at the bottom of the description page, for regular bolt action pen kits, it says-"Please note: Upon following legal advice, we will not be selling or shipping Bolt Action pen kits to residents of the USA."

This could still be a possibility cause there were shipped from out of the US.
I do not see PSI written on them anywhere. I can say the back unscrews to you can take the clip off, and maybe make it a left hand pen??

Regardless though, I like them.

Skie_M

Yes, the back of the bolt action finial is removable to let you access the screw that sets the bolt for the bolt action. You can remove the set screw and turn the bolt to face the other way for left handed use, and put the screw back in and replace the finial. At least that's the case with the genuine PSI version.

Top Bottom