First Blade pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RDHals

RDHals

Made my first Blade pen kit the other day. It turned out looking pretty good but upon assembly the click mechanism did not want to work smoothly. Now this is not my first pen so I know sometimes they get better if you work with them a bit so I did just that. No improvement, disassembled/cleaned/reassembled, no improvement. Switched the spring around, tapered spring, saw some minor improvement but not much. Eventually, called a locksmith looking for a dry lubricant if they use it. They had none but he did have a silicone based lubricant that we applied one drop to the click mechanism. Finally improvement with the mechanism. I sure do hope I don't have this problem with the rest of the Blade pen kits I've got.

Attachments

• B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 165
  • B1A.jpg
    B1A.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 165
  • B1B.jpg
    B1B.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 148
  • B1C.jpg
    B1C.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 142
  • B1D.jpg
    B1D.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I only make click pens that use the Schmidt SKM-88 all metal click mechanism and have not had a problem. I guess there can be a bad apple in every bunch. Sorry you had problems but good to know you managed to rectify it.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

MedWoodWorx

Made my first Blade pen kit the other day. It turned out looking pretty good but upon assembly the click mechanism did not want to work smoothly. Now this is not my first pen so I know sometimes they get better if you work with them a bit so I did just that. No improvement, disassembled/cleaned/reassembled, no improvement. Switched the spring around, tapered spring, saw some minor improvement but not much. Eventually, called a locksmith looking for a dry lubricant if they use it. They had none but he did have a silicone based lubricant that we applied one drop to the click mechanism. Finally improvement with the mechanism. I sure do hope I don't have this problem with the rest of the Blade pen kits I've got.
Very nice pen, i use wd-40 to lubricate slimline mechanisms. I think that the main problem is the old grease that becomes sticky and useless. Wd can rinse it adequately and also penetrate/lubricate the mechanism. Silicone grease is a nice idea also.

qquake

Very nice. What kind of wood is that? I've made two Woodcraft Tenacious pens, which are rebranded Blade kits. Didn't have any problems with either clicker.

Top Bottom