First batch of pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Made a slim line and four Rollester from a PSI sample kit. Blanks are a Rockler South American assortment set.

Attachments

• 20200703_143824.jpg
    20200703_143824.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the craft. Nice batch of pens. Do you know the wood species that they were made from? My guess is (Right to Left)

Purpleheart
Bocote or Zebra Wood
Yellowheart or maybe Osage Orange
Padauk or Redheart
Cocobolo or other Rosewood. Maybe Sapale?

Regards,
Dave (egnald)

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the craft. Nice batch of pens. Do you know the wood species that they were made from? My guess is (Right to Left)

Purpleheart
Bocote or Zebra Wood
Yellowheart or maybe Osage Orange
Padauk or Redheart
Cocobolo or other Rosewood. Maybe Sapale?

Regards,
Dave (egnald)
Here is the pack from Rockler I used. Left to right I think it's redheart, Patagonian Rosewood, canarywood, purpleheart, and Bolivian rosewood. Keep in mind as a beginner these were matched up based on pics from Rockler website LOL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-204046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-204046_Chrome.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 114
While I'm at it, here is my first try at a hybrid blank. Blank is a Mallee Burl Hybridz with a Woodcraft European kit. Was not liking using water so wet sanded up to 600 grit using Danish oil, CA finish after. Didn't know the European style was a more advanced kit, ...still happy with it.

Attachments

• 20200708_151439.jpg
    20200708_151439.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 253

egnald

Here is the pack from Rockler I used. Left to right I think it's redheart, Patagonian Rosewood, canarywood, purpleheart, and Bolivian rosewood. Keep in mind as a beginner these were matched up based on pics from Rockler website LOL.

Ok - Thanks - knowing the species helps a bunch - Dave

Capture.JPG

PS The Hybrid is beautiful. I haven't attempted a hybrid yet myself - I've always had concerns about turning through the different densities between plastic and wood. I might have to give it a whirl.

Top Bottom