First attempt at segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MPVic

MPVic

This Sierra Twist was my first segmented pen. It was done several months ago & many of you have contributed many, many tips & recommendations that I'm certain will help me improve on the next one. So thankful for all of you who share here.
IMG_0238.JPG

P.S. need help sizing images!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !

To change your image size you will need to get some photo editing software. Photoscape is a free one that I use ... do a google search for it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. The joint lines look spot on perfect and the upper and lower wood segments look the same dimension (a simple element, but one that at times is overlooked). I also like the match of the materials and the aluminum (I assume) spacers.

Well done, thats one to be proud of. It also actually looks very similar to one of my first segmenting blanks - but yours truly is much better.

Thank you for sharing and carry on.

Edit: I love the photo - no issues with its size to me.

jttheclockman

Very nicely done. I think the software takes care of photo editing automatically here. I have not seen one photo here yet where you have to scroll up or down or sideways to see the photo

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
It's holly.

Holly, with Aluminum, with wood... ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Due to cross contamination when turning and finishing I would say that may be a "First attempt at segmenting" (Your term), but a very refined method of turning. Very impressive indeed. Often simple is better with segmenting, but to get the definition between materials without contamination that you got is excellent.

Bravo.

Top Bottom