First attempt at a section

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
548
Location
NY
Just finished a 'thread chaser' die. Got some 1" aluminum rod stock, cut off a 1/2" section, faced it and drilled out a 5.9 mm center hole which I then tapped using my 6.4 mm tap. I used a small triangular file to cut 3 little clearance channels through the threads spaced at 120 degrees. Tried it out on one of my Bock housings and it actually does work (I can see tiny little black plastic cuttings in the clearance channels). After working through the chaser die, the Bock fits in the section I made nicely tight but not 'too tight'. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I can finally finish my first almost entirely kitless fountain pen. Pic soon, I promise. Really....
 
Top Bottom