first attempt at a guitar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mjrbuzz

mjrbuzz

well this is my first attempt at building a guitar, so far lots of fun and really neat project. thank you for looking :)

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mjrbuzz

beautiful start - how did you decide on the design? Do you have a plan?

yeah i downloaded a pdf online for free and had it printed up at the local business center on a plotter. i'll load up some more pictures of the build process.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 175
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 158

W.Y.

Nice work on the guitar build.
I have made two full size acoustic guitars in the past both using Martin style bracing pattern . They are fun to make and take a lot of patience if using the dovetail neck attachment like I did .
It was before digital cameras and we never even thought of taking pictures and sending them away to be developed back then.
Now I wish I had actually taken and saved a few pictures. Didn't even have a computer back then .

Keep up the good work on your guitar .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice! You are having fun and, it will be much nicer than this one, I'm sure.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f45/kit-telecaster-61847/

what a great thread!!! i may have to pick your brain when it comes to tuners an d reaming them out for larger ones.
No problem. Bookmark the thread and, look through it. I got lots of help from Chriselle (Chris). He builds custom amplifiers as well as guitars in Japan. Has a ton of knowledge about this stuff. I think you're doing fine and, I hope you will keep us up to date on your progress. I've been wanting to build a Strat for a couple of years now but, $$$$ are not there right now. Maybe some day! :rolleyes:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Top Bottom