First Artistic Project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Anson

Hi everyone! Thought I'd share this to more pen turning nerds like me.

A colleague of mine who is very spiritual gave me a cool looking apple wood. He mentioned that it came from a place that was very memorable for him and the "head" of the wood had a resemblance of an angry face and its hand sticking out, ready to hit you šŸ˜‚ The apple wood branch fell from a moose running through his backyard in his old hometown, about a decade ago. He picked it up and cleaned out the bark, but didn't dare to make anything out of it. He kept it all these years! So he gave it to me after seeing some of the pens I made!

20211127_101553.jpg

He's also a poet, here's his poem he wrote:

"May one stand strong as a tree
Will bend with the flow of the wind
And have strong roots filled with values"

I started working on sizing how many blanks I could get out of this wood, and managed to save its head!

20211128_102437.jpg

From the pieces I cut, I counted 3 blanks I could make out of this wood, one from its "arm" and other two from its "body". The "head" I saved is now a pen holder! Here's my finished work so far,

DSC02423.JPG
DSC02426.JPG

I don't think I'm done yet with this project. I'm looking to see if I can make a valet tray and have the "head" pen holder at one of the corners of the tray. I hope this will turn out well!

This was a fun project to work so far, and I can't wait to be learning how to make a valet tray for the first time!

Thanks for reading, everyone :D

Regards,
Anson

Top Bottom