First Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenacres2

greenacres2

Got a nice bunch of acrylic blanks from David Best (theidlemind) last week, turned my first non-wood on Sunday. Thanks to Ed Brown's video on acrylic turning, I had an idea of what to expect and the "sound" to shoot for. Made me smile every time I had one of those moments. I'm still leaving the middle of the barrel "fat", they look smaller on the mandrel--so i'm going to have to start using calipers in the middle as well as at the ends.

All in all, a good weekend!!
earl

Attachments

• First Acrylic A.jpg
    First Acrylic A.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 174
  • First Acrylic B.jpg
    First Acrylic B.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Earl, it came out really very nice. Good choices of kit and finish and acrylic. Well thought out and cleanly executed. Me....I LIKE a little meat in the middle. Show me them curves. Well done brother.

Rolandranch

Nice job. Finish looks great. Sometimes I have to step away from the lathe for a minute and look at it later to see how bulky it actually is.

OZturner

Great Pen Earl.
Beautiful Acrylic Blank, Great Fit and Finish.
I agree with your Inference that it could do going on a little Diet.
I appreciate that there are mixed Feelings and Comments about the Bulge Shape, so only you should Decide what You want to Present.
Excellent Choice of Hardware,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Joe S.

Nice! I generally prefer the more 'fat' shape on that style, I just always try to match the curve on the nib section. Much easier said than done but it looks great when you actually pull it off. Like others have said those black blanks will really show you just how good you are at polishing, and yours looks fantastic!

Top Bottom