First 2023 Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

And, just like that, it was 2023.

As we begin the new year it does seem like everybody in the UK has some kind of cough or sore throat at the moment, myself included. Of course I have full blown man-flu, displaying much more severe symptoms than those of my wife, who I keep having to remind is lucky to just have a common cold.

Anyway I got dosed up with paracetamol* and lemsip* and braved the workshop. It was a slog but I managed to crank out my first pen of 2023.

It's a hex shaped pen and I've touched on how I do this before so I won't bore you all by repeating myself.

The material is an acrylic I renamed to "Welsh Slate" because I'm Welsh and it looks like slate and Wales has a lot of slate.

It has 13mm triple lead cap threads and the nib is a jowo no6. The accents are sterling silver and black acrylic.

Other than that there isn't much else to say other than I hope your 2023 has got off to a better start than mine.

Cheers
Ash

(*in accordance with the recommended dosage of course).

0D108A5F-B44E-4B30-B2D2-4D895FF3A34B.jpegDF55B635-758D-4593-BBB4-6D142A35A51F.jpegBEACBE6B-2389-417A-9E69-475D07D0BF28.jpeg4AA5EE6A-A4C9-4983-8F04-1CCA903CFD10.jpeg31D13E72-A2E4-4C04-8A2A-9CAE70DCB93E.jpeg79AE9E97-D63D-430E-8255-5FE94E373650.jpeg5AC981AA-F2BE-4CFF-BDE6-714B08703793.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Ash

nice work , exquisite shape !

take care quite a lot of cold remedies ALREADY CONTAIN PARACETAMOL, too much of which causes liver damage

peter1958

And, just like that, it was 2023.

As we begin the new year it does seem like everybody in the UK has some kind of cough or sore throat at the moment, myself included. Of course I have full blown man-flu, displaying much more severe symptoms than those of my wife, who I keep having to remind is lucky to just have a common cold.

Anyway I got dosed up with paracetamol and lemsip and braved the workshop. It was a slog but I managed to crank out my first pen of 2023.

It's a hex shaped pen and I've touched on how I do this before so I won't bore you all by repeating myself.

The material is an acrylic I renamed to "Welsh Slate" because I'm Welsh and it looks like slate and Wales has a lot of slate.

It has 13mm triple lead cap threads and the nib is a jowo no6. The accents are sterling silver and black acrylic.

Other than that there isn't much else to say other than I hope your 2023 has got off to a better start than mine.

Cheers
Ash

View attachment 346279View attachment 346278View attachment 346280View attachment 346281View attachment 346282View attachment 346283View attachment 346284
What a beauty!! Where did you get the triple lead tap and die?

Valleyboy

Ash

nice work , exquisite shape !

take care quite a lot of cold remedies ALREADY CONTAIN PARACETAMOL, too much of which causes liver damage
Thanks Ian, and good point. I should say that I didn't take it all at the same time. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Alan Morrison

Ash, when I saw the first couple of pictures I thought that you had been doing a bit of segmenting!!!!
until I saw the other photos.
Anyway.....one day.....some day.
And anyway I like the pen!

Alan

duncsuss

Sorry about your man-flu, Ash - as long as I'm not taking anything that makes you drowsy, I find time at the lathe takes my mind off whatever ailments I have to deal with.

Welsh Slate is a good name for that material - I remember visiting an old slate quarry converted into a tourist centre (near Blaenau Ffestiniog?) That must have been 40 years ago now, my sister lived in Bala at the time and we'd take day trips with various nephews and nieces.

TDahl

Wow. That is a beautiful pen. If that is the quality of work you produce when your feeling under the weather, I can't wait to see what you're going to produce when you are 100% :D

Valleyboy

Ash, when I saw the first couple of pictures I thought that you had been doing a bit of segmenting!!!!
until I saw the other photos.
Anyway.....one day.....some day.
And anyway I like the pen!

Alan
Not quite there yet Alan. I keep thinking about it but then talk myself out of it because it seems like hard work!

Valleyboy

Sorry about your man-flu, Ash - as long as I'm not taking anything that makes you drowsy, I find time at the lathe takes my mind off whatever ailments I have to deal with.

Welsh Slate is a good name for that material - I remember visiting an old slate quarry converted into a tourist centre (near Blaenau Ffestiniog?) That must have been 40 years ago now, my sister lived in Bala at the time and we'd take day trips with various nephews and nieces.
Thanks Duncan.
Wow you know about Bala! I was there for a wedding last summer, a beautiful part of the world. My father-in-law hailed from there. I would happily live around there (though I'd have to improve my Welsh quite a bit I think).
Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom