Fireman Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

These three wore me out. Between turning and finishing I'm happy I'm done! Most of what I turn are blanks I cast. Therefore I don't use a lot of CA finishes. These are made from real local city fire hoses that were put out of service. The fibers of the hose won't absorb resin, CA or any other glue. So the process is put a layer of CA on the hose and turn it if. Once the glue is gone the hose starts to fray. It took a while to finally get it to size. Then it's been long enough since I've used CA for a finisk I've forgotten how to do it. Anyway here they are ready to be passed out to their new owners. Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• E2DF4D39-27CB-460C-A37B-2D1353D23DC4.jpeg
    E2DF4D39-27CB-460C-A37B-2D1353D23DC4.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 106
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thank You for the compliment. I hope the firemen think the same thing. I like the other kit with the axe for a clip and the click mechanism but the last time I used those I had 5 defective kits so I'm a little leary of buying more.

David350

Great idea to incorporate the retired hose, and they also look very nice. I'm sure you will only get a few hundred more requests from their firefighter associates...

Kenny Durrant

Thanks David. These might be it for a while. I have a couple of new projects coming up that I'm excited about starting. Plus a couple of years ago I made 22 pens for several of the fire fighters. What part of Dallas do you live?

Top Bottom