Fireman’s EDC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

I made the blank for a friend of mine. He also turns pens and wanted to make his son in law a pen with a button that's on their jackets. The jacket is a Navy Blue so that's why the blue background instead of the red. Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• D61E8CE5-31F3-4BD1-9C8C-0861B7517B7C.jpeg
    D61E8CE5-31F3-4BD1-9C8C-0861B7517B7C.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 108
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks John. He gave it to him earlier today. My friend has made him several thin red line pens. He said this was by far his favorite. He also gave him a Sierra style pen with the same button blank. Now I'm waiting to hear who he gives it to. I'm sure it will raise eyebrows and hopefully not any emotions. Or we might be making a few more. Ha Ha.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Kevin. I really like the EDC. Single body pen that shows a lot of the blank. There's also enough room for a lot of casting possibilities. The click is smooth and it's not a heavy bulky pen so it's nice to carry. The only complaint I have are the clips. They're all chrome regardless of the rest of the kit. That's my only complaint so it doesn't make me want to give up on the others positive's.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks David. I can't take credit for the design. I stole the idea from John U. I saw his military button blanks and thought I'd give it a shot. The IAP is a great place to get ideas for blanks. Since I mentioned John I'll go ahead and mention Don aka it's Virgil and Seamus Rooney. Ever since I saw their snakeskin blanks and coins I've been hooked ever since. Speaking of those two and being hooked their the ones that got me interested in casting. The snakeskin blanks were sold out before I got the catalogue. That when I thought I'd try making my own. I used to be heavy in the tropical fish hobby. I looked a the lift tube for the under gravel filter and picked up a couple of plugs from Home Depot. My hats off to these guys and many thanks to all for sharing ideas.

Top Bottom