Finish with Paint for parquet?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MonumentTie

ciao amici, scrivo questo post perché sto cercando un'alternativa a CA. Ho letto molti commenti e ho capito che non esiste una vera alternativa. Ho testato il gel uv per unghie ma non ha funzionato bene, ho provato una vernice trasparente per FIMO ma non mi piace al tatto sembra plastica. Ho pensato alla vernice trasparente per parquet, qualcuno ha mai provato questo prodotto?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tripletmom

Translated:
hi friends, I am writing this post because I am looking for an alternative to CA. I read many comments and understood that there is no real alternative. I tested the uv gel for nails but it didn't work well, I tried a transparent varnish for FIMO but I don't like it to the touch it looks plastic. I thought about the transparent varnish for parquet, has anyone ever tried this product?

magpens

Perhaps you might consider "GluBoost", a fairly-recently introduced "alternative" to CA.
There have been quite a few posts about it.
One vendor to consult would be … www.ExoticBlanks.com

That particular vendor is an IAP member whose user name is ... ed4copies ... . . He, in particular, has contributed a lot of info about GluBoost.

A search here on IAP would turn up his posts, and you could find some tutorials on his website.

EDIT:
By the way, for the purposes of suggesting an alternative to CA, I believe it would help to know what it is about CA that is not satisfactory to you.
Is it the method(s) of application ? . Is it the post-application processing/finishing ? . Is it the look and feel of the finished CA ?
Some people just don't like the rather "hard" shine of CA and prefer a matte finish with similar durability.
I think it would be helpful to know your reasons for seeking an alternative.

Last edited:

magpens

Another alternative finish is referred to as "Wipe On Poly" … sometimes abbreviated WOP and sometimes, if I am correct, WOBM.

An IAP member … rd_ab_penman … has done a lot of finishing with that and has contributed a tutorial to the IAP Library on his methods.

magpens

A member … rd_ab_ penman … has developed an alternative method for finishing and you can find that in the "Resources" section of IAP by doing a search for "dipping method". . I believe that he uses a polyurethane product.

MonumentTie

[QUOTE = "magpens, post: 2062919, membro: 12428"]
Forse potresti considerare "GluBoost", una "alternativa" introdotta abbastanza di recente in CA.
Ci sono stati parecchi post a riguardo.
Un fornitore da consultare sarebbe ... www.ExoticBlanks.com

Quel particolare venditore è un membro IAP il cui nome utente è ... ed4copies .... . Lui, in particolare, ha contribuito con molte informazioni su GluBoost.

Una ricerca qui su IAP mostrerebbe i suoi post e potresti trovare alcuni tutorial sul suo sito web.

MODIFICARE:
A proposito, al fine di suggerire un'alternativa alla CA, credo che aiuterebbe a sapere che cosa non è soddisfacente per la CA.
Sono i metodi di applicazione? . Elaborazione / finitura post-applicazione? . È l'aspetto della CA finita?
Ad alcune persone non piace la brillantezza piuttosto "dura" della CA e preferisce una finitura opaca con una durata simile.
Penso che sarebbe utile conoscere le tue ragioni per cercare un'alternativa.
[/ CITAZIONE]

thanks a lot for the answers, the reasons that make me experiment alternatives to CA are 2: 1- I would like to have a product that is not as risky as CA fumes. 2- I would like to have a product that creates a thicker layer of the CA, so I can sand better. I like the appearance of the CA, I like the hardness of the CA for this I thought of the parquet paint, it should give the same hardness and you can buy it both glossy and matte.

MonumentTie

[QUOTE = "magpens, post: 2062922, membro: 12428"]
Un'altra finitura alternativa è denominata "Wipe On Poly" ... a volte abbreviata WOP e talvolta, se ho ragione, WOBM.

Un membro IAP ... rd_ab_penman ... ha terminato molto e ha contribuito con un tutorial alla libreria IAP sui suoi metodi.
[/CITAZIONE]

grazie mille, purtroppo in Italia non riesco a trovare quel tipo di prodotto, pensi che potrei sostituirlo con un prodotto per la finitura piatta?

Another alternative finish is referred to as "Wipe On Poly" … sometimes abbreviated WOP and sometimes, if I am correct, WOBM.

An IAP member … rd_ab_penman … has done a lot of finishing with that and has contributed a tutorial to the IAP Library on his methods.

Like Mal said. I use WOP as a finish on a lot of my stuff. I simply apply it like I would a friction polish, let it sit overnight and the next day lightly sand both ends of the Blank (s) and then buff it. Last application is a bit of Renaissance wax and one more buffing on the buffing wheel. I haven't had any complaints about breakdown so I think it's working okay. To get the bushings clean I just soak them in Mineral Spirits over night and they clean right up.

Top Bottom